Inspiration for Activism Part II –
- Conducting a program series in Concord, MA throughout October 2018 to discuss the final arc towards the end of life – “So you’re going to die…” co-sponsored by the Good Shepherd Institute in Newton and Death Nurse LLC of Concord. Download PDF for details
- Participant in the 2018 Nursing Activism Think Tank.
- Author of “Death Nurse” blog
- Expert nurse for patients and families facing serious illness and end of life.
- Certified in palliative care and hospice.
- Experienced in multiple settings, including specialty intensive care (high-risk bone marrow transplant, neuroscience), hemodialysis, inpatient palliative care, and hospice care in the community.
- Provides case management, consultation, advocacy, and education for clinicians, caregivers, and the community.
- Jerry’s story – “Nursing is intelligent Caring.” I’d be in the story of nursing as beneficiary, participant, and evangelist. The result would be informed patients and families who know more and demand better; more competent, proficient, and expert clinicians, caregivers, and communities; and more positive outcomes for patients and families facing serious illness and care at end of life.