- Served as one of the original board members for the American Cannabis Nurses Association (2014-2016).
- Became discouraged about the limitations of med-surg and oncology hospital care, turned to home care for a more personalized approach to
care, and ultimately to holistic nursing.
- Certified in Advanced Holistic Nursing.
- Builds a bridge between conventional healthcare and holistic nursing care that includes cannabis therapeutics.
- Includes various complementary therapies such as hypnotherapy, auricular acupuncture, healing touch and aromatherapy.
- Teaches Geriatric Nursing and Transcultural Nursing in a BSN Nursing program, practices in hospice and palliative care, and provides consultation related to holistic nursing and the use of cannabis.