- Canadian nurse advocate for nursing education and gender and racial equality.
- In 1919, established first Canadian baccalaureate program at University of
- Provided consultation in the U.S. and Europe, establishing Schools of Nursing in both countries.
- Hired by the Rockefeller Foundation to study status of African American women in nursing. Her report advocated for increased educational and employment opportunities for Black women but her recommendations were not acted upon until the 1980s.
- Report highlighted racial inequality in nursing education and employment, particularly the exploitation of Black nursing students.
More information here.