Inspiration for Activism!
- A pioneer in both the field of midwifery and in developing the best care possible for families in pregnancy and birth for over 40 years.
- Served independently as a consultant, lecturer and parent educator, teaching some of the first childbirth education groups of the International Childbirth Education Association.
- Tireless advocate of innovation for the sake of healthy families and family-centered maternity care.
- Inspired many birth centers in the effort to bring birth centers into the mainstream of health care delivery.
- Helped to institute the Commission for Accreditation of Freestanding Birth Centers.
- Led the design and implementation of the first distance education program for nurse-midwives,
More information here and here and here.