Inspiration for Activism!
- Active in nursing organizations throughout Baccalaureate program (Baylor University) and master’s program (University of Maryland), including serving as president of Texas Nursing Students Association.
- Featured speaker at nursing conferences and conventions on the importance of nurses as agents for change and advocates for better healthcare.
- First nurse appointed to the MetroHealth Hospital Board of Trustees (1985-1990).
- First private practice in nursing in Ohio (1980-1986).
- Appointed to the Ohio Board of Nursing (1987-1992) advocating for nursing autonomy and control of our own practice.
- Only nurse to serve on the Governor’s Commission on Ohio Health Care Costs.
- Advocate for LGBTQIA health, and reducing healthcare disparities based on ethnicity, gender, and sexuality.
- New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium Leadership Team & founding member.
- Interviewer for the Old Lesbian Oral Herstory Project, preserving stories in the Smith College Archives of lesbians over 70 from all walks of life.
- Coordinator of the New Mexico OLOC chapter (Old Lesbians Organizing for Change); sponsor forums for women candidates from all political affiliations.
- Voter Registrar in New Mexico.
- The Resistance since Nov. 2016.
- Actively working on the Michelle Luhan Grisham campaign for Governor and the Deb Haaland campaign for US Congress.
Read text of Elizabeth’s speeches!