Inspiration for Activism Part II –
- Advocacy for those impacted by mental illness and addictions.
- Death care of vulnerable individuals.
- Worked for many years with people living with violence either past or present. I work with children, adolescents, women and men who have been sexually abused and sexually assaulted by people in positions of power and trust. Parents, intimate partners, clergy, teachers, friends, coaches, strangers, police……
- Worked as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner.
- I am often humbled by the strength and resilience of people of all ages who have lived their lives with the power of their experiences impacting their lives.
- I also work with people living with mental illness.
- I am saddened and frustrated by the system(s) and the treatment received by people from those in a position of power and “caring”. The strength of the human spirit to resist and to continue to seek out someone who will believe, who will care is to be honoured.