Inspiration for Activism
- Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from New York’s 4th district. In office January 3, 1997 – January 3, 2015.
- Tireless advocate for gun control
- Pursued legislation benefiting the elderly, including hearing loss detection, prevention & treatment, pushing for affordable hearing devices for all.
- Fought for special education and health services for children
- Always stated in interviews: “I am a nurse and I look at the issues from a nursing perspective.
See the recent policy statement on gun violence from the American Academy of Nursing
2 thoughts on “Carolyn McCarthy (1944 – )”
Thank you Peggy. I reposted the great work of Carolyn McCarthy on the Government Affairs list serve for IAFN, attempting to inspire the Forensic Nurses to attend Lobby Day. Thank you for continuing to inspire me!!!
Jacqueline Callari Robinson
Reblogged this on Sasharose31's Blog.