The NurseManifest Nursing Activism initiative began in 2018 with a Think Tank – a gathering of about 50 nurses on the campus of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, on July 30-31, 2018. In advance of the gathering we developed a series of posts “Inspirations for Activism:Part I” featuring historic and contemporary nurses who were dedicated to social justice, improving health for all, and to bringing nursing core values to the center. Since the gathering, we are continuing this work with the primary goal of supporting nurse activism, nurturing connections and networking among nurse activists, and celebrating all forms of nursing activism! Here are the main ongoing activities and how you can be involved!
- We are featuring nurses who participated in the gathering or who indicated their support for this effort in “inspirations for Activism: Part II.“
- We now have a growing collection of resources for activism. Use our contact form to shares resource on any form of activism you want listed here! We will continue to update as we get new items!
- Join our nursing activism email list – fill out the form here
- Follow our blog by entering your email in the “follow” link in the right sidebar – you will receive email notices of all new blog posts!
- Do you have other ideas? Let us know!