Organized as part of the project “Overdue Reckoning on Racism in Nursing.” We invite all white nurses to join us for these courageous conversions, focusing on our own often unrecognized complicity in sustaining racism. Nurses of color are welcome, but the discussion will focus on white nurses’ accountability.
Attendance at all three sessions is encouraged, but not required. Peggy Chinn and Christina Nyirati will lead discussions that will focus on three themes:
- Coming to terms with the history of white supremacy in nursing
- Recognizing and interrupting microaggressions
- Changes that we can enact in our interactions with people of color.
Lucinda Canty and Valorie Taylor, co-organizers of “Overdue Reckoning on Racism in Nursing” will be present to provide feedback and direction during and following our meetings; they are passionate about supporting the change for white nurses. They bring deep compassion to this process, and join us in supporting accountability for real change in nursing.
Register here for the meetings – the same zoom connection will apply to all three weeks of the series.
- When: Mar 26, Apr 2, Apr 9, 2022 04:00 to 5:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Register in advance for this meeting:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.