Inspiration for Activism: Part II.
- Early advocate for feminist perspectives in nursing.
- Founding participant in the founding of “Cassandra: Radical Feminist Nurses Network.
- Co-founder, with Sue Hagedorn and Richard Cowling, of the NurseManifest Project .
- Founding Editor of Advances in Nursing Science, providing an avenue for cutting-edge scholarship in nursing since 1978.
- Author of “Peace and Power: New Directions for Building Community.”
- Participated in establishing the LGBTQIA+ Nursing Section within GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Health Equality.
- Founder and web manager for LavenderHealth.org, a resource center for reliable LGBTQ+ health information and resources for health care professionals, educators, policy-makers and consumers. The primary mission of the project is to promote high-level wellness for LGBTQ+ people.
- Co-initiator, with Sue Hagedorn and Adeline Falk-Rafael, of the 2018 Nursing Activism Think Tank to inspire and validate nursing activism.